One of the most important and often overlooked factors to a good skin care regimen is to know what type of skin you have. Knowing your skin type will help you better understand what types of skin care products to purchase. If you are unsure of your skin type, visit your dermatologist or esthetician and have them determine your skin type for you.
There are 5 different skin types and everyone falls into one of those categories:
1) NORMAL SKIN – Is the least problematic of all the skin types. With normal skin, you experience minimal oil build up and skin dryness; your skin will appear smooth and healthy at all times. Normal skin may not need special attention but it still needs care to maintain its smooth appearance. Feel free to explore the entire Solo Noir catalog because our 100% natural products will help maintain your smooth skin.
2) OILY SKIN – An overproduction of oil by the sebaceous glands in the skin causes oily skin. This overproduction may be caused by genetic or hormonal factors, or may result from chronic overstimulation of the skin by harsh soaps, frequent exfoliation or other sources. Oily skin can be difficult to care for and often goes hand in hand with acne. Try Solo Noir Dapper and Brave to help absorb and wash away oil build up. Solo Noir Brave not only absorbs excess oil but minimizes oil production when used.
3) DRY SKIN – Dry skin does not retain moisture, which can cause fine lines and premature aging. The skin appears flaky which means that it is unable to provide a protective layer barrier from outside elements. The two best products for dry skin are Solo Noir Smooth and Refined; these two products will help exfoliate the dead skin cells and restore moisture to the new exfoliated skin.
4) COMBINATION SKIN – People with combination skin have both dry and oily areas, accompanied by larger pores in the T-zone — the forehead, nose and chin – and dry patches on the cheeks and around the eyes. Combination skin can be difficult to manage because both areas require different treatment. Try Solo Noir Smooth, our skin conditioner helps moisturize the dry areas and combat excess oil build up in the oilier areas. You may also use Solo Noir Brave to help eliminate excess oil in your T-Zone without stripping your skin of its natural oils.
5) SENSITIVE SKIN – Skin that is easy irritated by certain products is classified as sensitive. Generally the irritation is caused by the various chemicals that companies use in their products. Harsh chemicals react differently with each person, while one person might not feel an effect; another might have a negative reaction. Solo Noir is a great product to use on sensitive skin because our products are 100% natural and chemical free and does not cause skin irritation.